You are leaving EFFEXOR XR.com
- Font size
You are leaving EffexorXR.com, a website sponsored by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. Links to all outside sites are provided as a resource to our visitors. Wyeth accepts no responsibility for the content of other sites.
Indications for EFFEXOR XR
EFFEXOR XR (venlafaxine HCl) Extended-Release Capsules are indicated for the treatment, in adults, of Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), and Panic Disorder (PD) with or without agoraphobia.
Important Safety Information for EFFEXOR XR
- Do not take EFFEXOR XR if you take a Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI) or if you stopped taking an MAOI in the last 2 weeks. Do not take an MAOI within 7 days of stopping EFFEXOR XR. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure if your medicine is an MAOI.
- All patients taking antidepressants should be watched closely for signs that their condition is getting worse or that they are becoming suicidal, especially when they first start therapy, or when their dose is increased or decreased. Patients should also be watched for becoming agitated, irritable, hostile, aggressive, impulsive, or restless. Such symptoms should be reported to the patient’s doctor right away.
- Before starting EFFEXOR XR, tell your doctor if you’re taking or plan to take any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, including migraine headache medication, herbal preparations, and nutritional supplements, to avoid a potentially life-threatening condition.
- EFFEXOR XR may raise blood pressure in some patients. Your blood pressure should be controlled before starting treatment and should be monitored regularly.
- Taking EFFEXOR XR with aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, warfarin, or other drugs that affect coagulation may increase the risk of bleeding events.
- Mydriasis (prolonged dilation of the pupil of the eye) has been reported with EFFEXOR XR. You should notify your physician if you have a history of glaucoma or increased eye pressure.
- When people suddenly stop using or quickly lower their daily dose of EFFEXOR XR, discontinuation symptoms may occur. Talk to your doctor before discontinuing or reducing your dose of EFFEXOR XR.
- Pregnant or nursing women shouldn’t take any antidepressant without consulting their doctor.
- Until you see how EFFEXOR XR affects you, be careful doing such activities as driving a car or operating machinery. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking EFFEXOR XR.
- In clinical studies, the most common side effects with EFFEXOR XR (reported in at least 10% of patients and at least twice as often as with placebo) were constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, insomnia, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, sexual side effects, sleepiness, sweating, and weakness.
Terms & Conditions
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare or other federal or state healthcare programs, including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico (formerly known as "La Reforma De Salud").
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs.
- Patients must be 18 or older.
- Patients will pay a minimum of $4 per refill. By using the Card, patients will receive savings of up to $75 per refill. The Card is good for a maximum of $1000 per calendar year.
- You must deduct the value received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf.
- The Card is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered in whole or in part by third-party insurance, or where otherwise prohibited by law.
- The Card cannot be combined with any other rebate or coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription.
- The Card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies.
- The Card is not health insurance.
- This offer is good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- The Card is limited to 1 per person during this offering period and is not transferable.
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke or amend the program without notice.
- The Card and Program expire on December 31, 2013.
For questions about this card, please call 877-612-1148.
No membership fees.
Valid from 4/15/2010 to 12/31/2013.